Plumbers Merchant offering Wide Range of Plumbing & Heating Supplies, Bathroom Suites, Showers & Whirlpools
It is no surprise that underfloor heating is growing in popularity all over the UK, and that we are quickly catching up to the Scandinavian countries. In Scandinavia, known for its low temperatures, 80% of homes are heated in this way. Underfloor heating is ideal for new build properties, extensions, conversions or refurbishments and in cases where a new floor is planned. Advances in the design and technology of underfloor heating have also resulted in an increasingly more compact and efficient system. Heat rises up uniformly into every part of the building where installed, giving an overall comfort as opposed to lingering mainly in the area of the radiators.
This form of heating has a number of practical advantages in addition to toasty warm toes 24/7, which have prompted many to consider installing it. Underfloor heating:-
- Is relatively cost effective to install and run
- Requires little maintenance
- Allows floors to dry quickly after cleaning
- Produces no noise
- Means energy savings of 15 ÔÇô 40% can be achieved
- Provides evenly distributed warmth
- Is practically self regulating
- Produces no dust or moisture , which in turn discourages dust mites
- Frees up room space due to absence of radiators
- Has a lower running temperature than radiators [depending on type of system] and heats to around 25oC
- Is robust and long lasting
Underfloor heating can be connected to renewable power sources such as solar panels or air source heat pumps for incredible savings on fuel costs. This environmentally friendly solution can save money all year round, while lowering the homes carbon footprint. If these options appeal to you and you wish to join the multitude of homes within the UK benefiting from this technology, take a look at the SJB Mechanical and Building Services Ltd website. Their specialities include heating, air conditioning, plumbing and air source heat pump installation. They also have a great reputation for reliability, excellent customer service and can be contacted on 01277 823648.